My little two surprised me tonight! We had a movie night while the two big ones were at a friend's house. They requested movie snacks! They wanted popcorn with olive oil, salt & a bit of vegan margarine. (They said they don't like caramel/cheesy Chicago mix popcorn that they used to like). Then S exclaimed that she was dying for some fruit! She requested apple slices and peanut butter. O requested fruit salad with grapes, bananas & apples. They also told me they don't like cheeseballs anymore (they found some) or the macaroni in a box that they had at Grandma's yesterday. They said their taste buds are changing! (WOW- I did not initiate this discussion at all). They said they can't remember the taste of cow's milk, and they love soy milk now. WOW! My hard work may be starting to make a difference!! (Kids have been vegan (mostly) for 9 weeks now).

My oldest is also very gung-ho vegan now. He's following a young vegan chef on Instagram and today asked me to pick up coconut cream and vanilla bean paste for a specific peanut butter vegan smoothie! (I'm happy to oblige). He also asked me if we have almond flour and coconut flour. (Which we do). He's also into the ethical reasons for being vegan and has lots of questions. (He's 13 now and reminds me of me when I was his age).
My little Q is still the one who is not super keen on the vegan diet. He's a trooper though, as he tries new things, and likes some. I am proud of him for this. I still hear the most complaints from him, however. He eats butter chicken when he goes to his friend's house and he still orders fish when we go out for sushi once in a while. (Veggie sushi is amazing btw). I always tell him it's fine, and to go ahead if he wants to. I understand it's a journey and a personal choice, and I would never want him to feel pressure or negativity from me. I love him no matter what he eats, and I make sure he knows this. For this morning's pre-tournament breakfast he requested his favourite Banana smoothie made with silken tofu! :) I was happy to make it for him! He drank two servings!!
Aside- Hubby is doing awesome on the vegan diet! He has NO COMPLAINTS! He's totally into it, and feels great.
No comments:
Post a Comment