Thursday, January 16, 2020

Week 7

πŸ‘A note about the thumbsπŸ‘
Under each pic, I'm inserting reactions to each meal by my 4 kids in order from oldest to youngest!  My husband and I are finding all these meals delicious, but since this blog is focused on transitioning my kids, this is how I'm documenting their feedback.  They are transitioning from picky eaters- so take their thumbs up/down with a grain of salt!

Israeli Couscous with spinach & mushrooms
with New Dehli Style Lentils
(Lentils with garlic, onions, curry powder, veg broth, fresh ginger & cilantro)
(from Nutritional Action Magazine, May 2013)


πŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘

Veggie Burgers (store bought) "Beyond Meat" with sauteed mushrooms and Vegan Coleslaw
https://www.noracooks.com/classic-vegan-coleslaw/

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ŽπŸ‘Ž

Vegan Lasagne With Tofu "ricotta" & spinach
https://www.hummusapien.com/best-vegan-lasagna/

My husband and I absolutely LOVED this lasagne!  Kids said it had too many chunks of veggies, and preferred the plain version below
πŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘Ž


Vegan Lasagna: Plain
Tomato sauce, whole wheat noodles, spinach and TVP
(textured vegetable protein- so easy to use- it's dehydrated soy flour, no other ingredients. Just reconsitute it with water or veggie stalk and use it in place of ground beef)

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Saucy BBQ Chickpeas And Greenbeans
(Burton, Dreena, Plant-Powered Families, BenBella Books, TX, p. 159)

πŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘Ž

I thoroughly enjoyed this meal- flaovourful, yet simple.  However my kids wouldn't even try it, just from looking at it!  They wouldn't even touch the leftover plain lasagne from dinner yesterday that they all liked either.  What the heck!?  This was one of those discouraging days, where I work hard to fold laundry, put away lunches and make dinner before rushing off to evening sports and activities and they don't like dinner!  Q asked where the 'real' dinner was.  G said "No Thank-you."  S wasn't hungry and O was too busy!  They ate cereal instead.....But I do have a plan, I'm baking bean foccacia which is full of whole grain and protein.  It will be hot and fresh when they get back from their evening sports! Also mint, pea & potato soup is stewing.  Ha! I will get some healthy food in them before the day is done!

Minty Pea & Potato Soup 
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/minty-pea-potato-soup


 
πŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘
2/4 kids may not have liked this soup, but it is now one of my favourites! It's soooo good!

Bean Bread Foccacia
(Canadian Living's Best Vegetarian Dishes, Madison Press, Canada, 1997)

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

This is an old favourite I used to make when I was in University. I always come back to it!  The kids have always liked it!  Yes.  This is a win! 16 g of protein per serving!  Full of fibre and whole grains.

Baked Beans & Sweet Potatoes

πŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘


Creamy Cauliflower Soup
πŸ‘ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘Ž
This is one of my old time favourites!

No comments:

Post a Comment