Soup & Salad
Prepared soups from a grocery store, market or organic home delivery can be delicious, hearty and vegan. (Plus easier than making your own if you are too busy). Pair with chopped lettuce and grab a couple of raw veggies from the fridge, and there's a soup and salad lunch!
Spicy Black Bean Soup (PC Blue Menu) with quick salad and Mama Earth kale & potato perogies
Carrot, Coconut, Ginger, Chickpea & Lemongrass Soup from Mama Earth
Lentil & Vegetable Soup (Soup's On) & Tabouli Salad
Sandwiches
Simple sandwiches can be satisfying and comforting for a hungry belly at lunch time! Mix them up with a variety of whole grain breads, bagels & wraps. Vary your grains: whole wheat, spelt, rye, pumpernickel. Some of my favourites:
Smashed chickpea sandwich
Avocado, Tomato & Vegan Mayo
Avocado on Rye Toast with vegan mayo & hemp hearts
Hummus & Whole Wheat Pita, with Blackberries & a Clementine
Bean burritos (homemade or store bought- Amy's has great options). Crack open a can of refried beans, add lettuce, avocado, shredded carrot, black beans and vegan cheese (if you like that) and wrap it up!
Veggie Splats
Again?! YEP!
(I seriously LOVE the name)
I LOVE these and am actually craving them. I could have these every day for lunch! Plus they are really easy to make. I found this idea off a comment in a Facebook group, and for the life of me I can't find it again to thank the person or give them credit for this fabulous idea! (If it's you, please let me know in the comments below so I can recognize you! Thank-you! ) So far my kids are not keen on this recipe, but I certainly am!
Blend/Food Process together:
- 4 cups chopped veggies (whatever you have in the fridge)
- 3/4 cup flaxseed meal (just grind raw flax seeds in a coffee grinder)
- 1 1/2 cups potato flakes (Bulk Barn)
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
Form into patties, fry in olive oil and serve with ketchup
Veggies I used today: kale, parsley, green onions, broccoli, yellow beans, carrots, mushrooms, green pepper










No comments:
Post a Comment