Note: The thumbs: 👍👎 that you see after each meal pic are the opinions of my 4 children in order oldest to youngest. Take them with a grain of salt, as they tend to be quite picky. My husband and I are loving pretty much everything I cook! I'm hoping my kids will learn to like more and more, but for now we have the thumbs!!
The week at a glance...
Kids enjoyed many of the foods I made this week. I really notice a difference in the variety of healthful foods they are eating now, that they wouldn't touch before. Their main problem with a vegan diet, currently, is that they are not enjoying plant based milk, and still want cow's milk with their cereal. They also eat the odd meal of scrambled eggs and they had some chicken fingers when we were out. But other than that, they are plant based and enjoying it! As you can see by the ratings below!
Tofu teriyaki with brown rice, edamame, cucumber & avocado salad
👍👍👍👍
Cauliflower, Chickpea & Spinach Curry on Millet
👍👍👍
Sweet & Sour Tofu with stir fried veggies & vermicelli noodles
(Tofu and veggies prepared separately by Mama Earth)
(Tofu and veggies prepared separately by Mama Earth)
👍👍👍👍
Spaghetti with Quinoa noodles, Lentil Meatballs & Marinara Sauce
(Meatballs from Mama Earth Organics)
👍👍👍👍
Banana Pancakes
👍👍👍👍
Squash Vegan Mac N' Cheese
https://www.veggieinspired.com/butternut-mac/
👍👍👍👍
Banh Mi (Vietnamese Sandwich)
https://yumveganlunchideas.com/vegan-banh-mi-recipe/
👍👍--
Banana Pancakes
Squash Vegan Mac N' Cheese
https://www.veggieinspired.com/butternut-mac/
A note about vegan Mac N' Cheese: I have tried several different recipies and many of them taste 'strange' to my kids. I think it's miso/nutritional yeast that my kids are not used to in their Mac N' Cheese. All four of my kids absolutely LOVED this recipe! Q said it tasted better than real Mac N' Cheese. S had two helpings, and she's my main Mac N' Cheese fan. I used pumpkin seeds instead of cashews in this recipe and it worked beautifully. This way it is Q friendly and school safe!
Banh Mi (Vietnamese Sandwich)
https://yumveganlunchideas.com/vegan-banh-mi-recipe/
👍👍--









No comments:
Post a Comment