Dark chocolate is my favorite indulgence! I love it! It's an addiction! Yum! Yum! More!
Dark chocolate actually has some nutritional benefits, including iron! (Excellent source- some more than others, check labels). Pair it with some citrus for maximum iron absorption and it's not quite as guilty a treat!
I appreciate dark chocolate, but I do like to limit my sugar intake. While dark chocolate is much less sugary than milk chocolate, it still contains refined sugar. I have found dark chocolate that is sweetened with Stevia (awesome), but it is not vegan. So I am currently in search for vegan dark chocolate sweetened with Stevia.
Most dark chocolate has some dairy in it. Here are some vegan options. Yummy, delicious treats! The first one has a variety of super seeds!
Another way to satisfy that dark chocolate craving, without the refined sugar is to make some delicious chocolatey treats on your own. For example: dark chocolate-cherry smoothies, chocolate-avocado pudding, chocolate-coconut mousse, vegan chocolate cake.
Here are my favourite treat: homemade chocolate-peanut butter cups. So easy! I use all natural peanut butter (no added sugar or hydrogenated oils, only ingredient is peanuts) and dark chocolate chips. Mix peanut butter and chocolate chips in silicone cups, microwave for 1 min, stir then microwave for 1 minute more. Set in fridge and eat. Delicious and pretty healthy!
Chocolate Avocado Mousse
(Recipe from Mama Earth Organics:
Blend: 2 ripe avocados, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1/4 cup melted vegan choc chips, 3 tbsp soy milk, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/8 tsp salt, 1/4 cup maple syrup)
Mint Chocolate Chip Muffins
(with Spinach!!)
Here are my favourite treat: homemade chocolate-peanut butter cups. So easy! I use all natural peanut butter (no added sugar or hydrogenated oils, only ingredient is peanuts) and dark chocolate chips. Mix peanut butter and chocolate chips in silicone cups, microwave for 1 min, stir then microwave for 1 minute more. Set in fridge and eat. Delicious and pretty healthy!
Peanut-Butter-Chocolate-Krispie Quinoa Mix
Ok- this did not turn out as planned- (I used regular dates instead of medjool, maybe that was it). Also I substituted Quinoa crisp cereal instead of Rice (I was out). So it didn't make the bars, but this was still super yummy. I put oat milk on it, and it was a dessert in my bowl!
Vegan Hazelnut Spread
Chocolate Avocado Mousse
(Recipe from Mama Earth Organics:
Blend: 2 ripe avocados, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1/4 cup melted vegan choc chips, 3 tbsp soy milk, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/8 tsp salt, 1/4 cup maple syrup)
Mint Chocolate Chip Muffins
(with Spinach!!)
These are incredible!!















No comments:
Post a Comment