When my kids pick at their dinner and don't eat much, I always feel reassured when they ask for oatmeal for their bedtime snack. I make them steel cut oats and they top it with fruit of their choice, slivered almonds, cinnamon and their choice of milk. Even if they eat a sketchy dinner, I know they're getting a tummy full of nutrients with this filling meal.
Sweet treat! The coconut vegan 'cheese'cake was a hit with all the kids. They couldn't even taste the difference from real cheesecake!
See below for kids' feedback this week:
Week 3: Family Feedback
|
G
|
Q
|
S
|
O
|
Beyond meat burgers; Whole wheat bun, toppings:
avocado, tomato, pickle, fried
mushrooms, lettuce, onions,
mustard, ketchup, relish)
|
👍
|
👍
|
👎
|
👎
|
Spaghetti squash with
olive oil & pepper
|
👍
|
👎
|
👎
|
👎
|
Kale chips (homemade)
|
👎
|
👍
|
👎
|
👎
|
Japanese Udon soup
with carrots, broccoli &
tofu
|
👍
|
👍
|
👍
|
👍
|
Peanut butter & jam wrap
(perfect for Saturday lunch at
home)
|
👍
|
👍
“Can I have two?”
|
👍
|
👍
|
Mango smoothies with
silken tofu
|
👎
“Mom, you have not perfected this!”
|
👎
“I can’t eat this, I have cankers in my mouth!”
|
👍
“yummy”
|
👍
“Look, I’m eating it all.”
|
Pesto Pasta (basil &
roasted almond)
|
👍
|
👍
|
👍
|
👎
|
Basil pesto pasta
|
👍
|
👍
|
👍
(Ate three helpings)
|
👍
|
Vegan “chicken wings”
with barbeque sauce
|
👍
|
👍
|
👎
|
👍
|
Vegan “Cheesecake”
|
👍
|
👍
“I love cheesecake the most!”
|
👍
“Do we have more raspberries to put on top?”
|
👍
|
Pasta with Lentil Tomato
sauce
|
👍
|
👍
|
👍
|
👍
|
Lentil loaf with miso-
mushroom gravy, baked
potatoes & roasted root
vegetables
|
👎
|
👎
|
👎
“I only love the potatoes”
|
👎
“I liked it a little bit.”
|
Vegan French Toast with
Chia seed batter
|
👍
|
👍
|
👍
“It’s delicious”
|
👍
|
Pasta with Brown Lentil
Tomato Sauce
|
👍
“Oh no, I have to eat lentils.”
“It’s actually ok”
|
👍
|
👍
|
👍
|
No comments:
Post a Comment