Friday, December 27, 2019

Pizza Delivery!

As a young adult vegan, in university, I found the joy of ordering pizza for delivery!  Growing up in my rural childhood 'farm' there was no pizza delivery.  So when I moved to U of T, I took advantage of this modern and convenient luxury!  At the time, vegan pizzas were unheard of.  I would always have to explain myself several times to the person taking my order over the phone.  "What?  No cheese?  Are you sure?"  My order seemed to confuse them.  I can't count the number of free pizzas I received over the years because they always arrived with cheese!  So I would send them back, and since I didn't receive my pizza in the allocated time, it would be free! (I had to argue this, but I won as I was right.  I didn't get the pizza I ordered within the time frame they promised).  While it certainly was a bonus to get free pizza, it was also annoying because I was absolutely starving by the time my correct pizza arrived, and all my friends would be eating their fresh delicious smelling pizza while I was waiting and were long finished by the time my vegan pizza arrived. 

My how times have changed!!  Now many popular pizza joints, not only will readily make a veggie pizza without cheese, but they also have vegan cheese and vegan pepperoni!  The options are endless and really delicious.  We've come a long way pizza-baby!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment