As my children transition from drinking cow's milk to vegan milk, I wonder what their taste preferences will be ...
Blind Taste Test
I provided my kids with 7 different types of vegan milks: Soy, oat, rice, almond, coconut, cashew and a blend of cashew/hazelnut/almond. I didn't tell them which was which, and I had them taste them all and rank them by taste alone. Note: I do not buy sweetened milks. I refuse to have my kids drink milk with added sugars. So all of the milks were unsweetened, some were vanilla flavoured.
Blind Taste Test Results
3/4 kids selected soymilk as their favourite tasting milk. Only G liked rice milk the best with soy as his second choice. Soy clearly came out the favourite, followed by a close (almost) tie for second: oat and rice. Almond was tolerated. Cashew milk was frowned upon and coconut didn't even make the pie chart as they all hated it. My favourite (based on flavour) was oat milk! Yum!
Now I have the dilemma of washing all those glasses and attempting to fit 7 cartons of vegan milk into my already-stuffed-full fridge. Also, unfortunately someone spilled a carton of blueberries on the floor.





No comments:
Post a Comment