Friday, December 27, 2019

Holiday Feast!

The holidays are a time for eating!  This doesn't change just because we're eating vegan!  There are so many vegan holiday recipes.  I usually make a savory chickpea-sweet potato pie for myself in lue of turkey... but this time, as all my family would be joining me with the vegan food I upped the anti and made a few protein powered selections: smokey roast tofu with mushroom gravy, festive chickpea torte and quinoa stuffing.  These paired with freshly made cranberry sauce, turnip, roast potatoes, cooked carrots, broccoli salad and beet stew made a delicious vegan feast! For desert I made a vegan apple crisp (using coconut oil instead of butter).  A yummy way to finish the meal!


As we joined other family members for our two Christmas meals, there were also meat options- including turkey.  My kids were free to choose what they want, and yes they did eat turkey.  No pressure, it's up to them, as long as they ate some fruits and veggies as well, it's okay.  They are currently considering themselves "mostly plant based."  My husband and I stuck to vegan food, and it was delicious and satisfying!








No comments:

Post a Comment