One week ago, my husband made a major life decision without even discussing it with me! He told my four kids that they would now be vegan- no more meat or fish, no more dairy or eggs! They excitedly told me of their morning discussion with Dad when I picked them up at the bus stop after school. This was the best news! I felt like it was a present for me!
I would have loved to raise my kids as vegans, but that concept was extremely challenging- without complete support from my partner, it was impossible. Criticisms were rampant from society as well. I couldn't be the crazy vegan who deprived her children. We found a place where we were both semi-satisfied.
Cooking was a challenge for me. I had trouble cooking healthy meals that the children would actually eat! They are picky eaters- each having their preferences and dislikes. Their favourite and frequent foods are: pizza, grilled cheese sandwiches and chicken fingers. I knew these were not the healthiest choices, but it was a daily struggle, and as a busy, working mom, I always found myself relieved that at least they were eating something.
My kids are athletes, and my husband is the coach for my two eldest boys. He trains them hard, and provides them with every opportunity to excel and improve. He watched the Netflix documentary: Game Changers. This was the TSN turning point for him. He wants the biggest advantage, athletically for our kids. This is why he took the initiative for a plant based diet.
When I watched the film, I actually cried, real tears of relief, validation and happiness! I felt such reformation. My beliefs about a vegan diet, facts that I had learned about for the past 32 years were there, out for the world to see. I learned new things and relearned facts that I already knew. The film was so well researched and documented. I knew it was time for my husband and kids to join me on this optimal diet. The greatest thing was that this was all initiated by my husband- a meat eater, not by me, the already converted herbivore. :)
Vegan diet: Best for the human body, best for the animals, best for the planet! Best for the human heart, best for sex, best for cancer prevention. Best for elite athletic performance. Best for a long, healthful life. Best, best best! Love!

No comments:
Post a Comment