This weekend, we had: one basketball tournament, one piano recital, one Santa Claus Parade, two elite basketball training sessions, a visit with grandparents and a Christmas shopping outing. It was a whirlwind, out the door early and out all day. For some reason we still had to feed the kids!
Breakfast: Starbucks: old fashioned oatmeal with soy milk, quinoa and black bean wrap (not vegan- contains dairy), croissants (not vegan has butter), tea and fruit juice. (Unfortunately they were out of fruit cups).
Lunch: Burger King: veggie burgers, fries, salads and apple juice. Everyone loved them, fast, easy and affordable, while perhaps not the most nutritional meal, but everyone deserves a treat once in a while. Plus we had no time to think, it was eat and go, go, go!
Brief snack at home: Sliced apples dipped in almond butter (delicious!)
After Christmas shopping with my two littlest ones, I knew I wouldn't have time to cook. I went to a nice bistro near the shops and selected an assortment. Growing up vegan and eating out sometimes proved to be difficult back then. There were far fewer options and sometimes I had to have the chef prepare me something off the menu. I've had mishmashes of side veggies, baked potatoes and plenty of salads in my day. Now it is easy to find tasty vegan food anywhere you go. Check sauces etc. for ingredients.
Dinner ~ Our take-out vegan buffet: Quinoa bowl, burrito bowl, black bean veggie burgers, sweet potato fries, flatbread with roasted red peppers, spinach and tomatoes, asparagus, fancy brussel sprouts, quinoa with chickpeas, soy 'chicken' and of course the famous side salad!
Kids got to pick and choose a bit of this and a bit of that- fun and yummy. Plus I can't believe I got them to eat brussel sprouts (this is a first).

No comments:
Post a Comment