Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Week 11

Note: The thumbs: 👍👎 that you see after each meal pic are the opinions of my 4 children in order oldest to youngest.  Take them with a grain of salt, as they tend to be quite picky.  My husband and I are loving pretty much everything I cook! I'm hoping my kids will learn to like more and more, but for now we have the thumbs!!

Here is week 11:

Chickpea Curry
👎👎👍👍
This was heavenly for me.  So yummy! At least two of them ate it!

Mint Chocolate Chip Spinach Muffins
 👍👍👍👍
The kids were skeptical, as O put it: "I wonder if I don't trust these..."  But they all LOVED them!  And so did I!  I think I'll be making these frequently now.  They were full of spinach!!!
Update: The kids ate the entire batch in one day.  So the next day I made triple the batch! That's a LOT of spinach!

Chickpea Omlette
https://thehiddenveggies.com/chickpea-omelette-the-best-vegan-omelette/#wprm-recipe-container-4899
👎👍👎👎
Served with vegan baccon, panfried potatoes, sauteed veggies and fresh avocado. (Added toast and ketchup after the pic)

Hakka Fried Vegetable Rice (no egg) and Tofu With Vegetables
👍👍👍👍
When it's 10:00 pm and it's been a very busy day, and you haven't yet made the kids' lunches... order delivery!!  Lunches are solved.  Now time for Mommy to go to bed!

New recipe: Mac N' Cheese with Carrots & Potato Sauce & Chickpea Noodles
https://www.brandnewvegan.com/recipes/pasta-rice/vegan-mac-and-cheese

👎👎👎👎
The sauce has potential, unfortunately the chickpea noodles were not a hit!

Personal Pizzas on Whole Wheat Naan with Cashew Mozzarella and Spinach 
(plus other toppings depending on preferences)
https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/melty-stretchy-gooey-vegan-mozarella/
👍👍👍👍


TIP: For the cheese sauce, I reduced the tapioca starch b 1/3 so it is spreadable and not as clumpy.

Veggie Nuggets
👍👍👎👍

Chocolate Mousse with Avocado
(Recipe from Mama Earth Organics:
Blend: 2 ripe avocados, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1/4 cup melted vegan choc chips, 3 tbsp soy milk, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/8 tsp salt, 1/4 cup maple syrup)
👍👎👍👍
This was amazing for me! Too bitter for Q, but the other kids liked it, especially S who has my taste buds for dark chocolate!

Turnip Fries
(Recipe from Mama Earth Organics:
Chop 4-5 cups of turnips in the shape of fries, coat with 1 tbsp oil, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp chili powder.  Bake for 25 minutes, turning once)
👍👎👎👎

Quinoa/Flax Crepes
👍👍👍👍
Crepes with eggs used to be my kids' favourite breakfast.  Now we make crepes a little differently, but the kids still love them.  We used Quinoa pancake mix + flax egg + vegan milk + vegan butter and thin the pancake batter out with extra vegan milk or water.  TIP: make the crepe smaller so it doesn't fall apart. Top with orange juice or maple syrup & fruit!

Veggie Chilli
(My own recipe: 1 can kidney beans, 1 can brown beans, garlic, onions, carrots, celery, green pepper, can stewed tomatoes, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, chilli powder)
👎👎👎👎

Chickpea & Potato Roti
(Store bought)
👎👍👍👍

No comments:

Post a Comment