Sunday, February 9, 2020

Week 10

Note: The thumbs: ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Ž that you see after each meal pic are the opinions of my 4 children in order oldest to youngest.  Take them with a grain of salt, as they tend to be quite picky.  My husband and I are loving pretty much everything I cook! I'm hoping my kids will learn to like more and more, but for now we have the thumbs!!

Here's week 10:

Plantain-Chickpea-Pepper Stew
 ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž
Served with millet

Beyond Meat Burger
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Personal pizzas (on Whole wheat naan) with Cashew "Cheese" and Matpe Bean pizza sauce
 ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
OH MY GOODNESS!! This was so good!! I was eating the cashew "cheese" by the spoonful.  Incredible! I also used the leftover pasta sauce from the gnocchi which was made creamy with blended, split matpe beans.  So, eating these, the kids were eating beans and cashews, while it was pizza at the same time.  This was a WIN!!!!
TIP: Cut the tapioca flour in 1/2 so it spreads and is not so clumpy.  This worked exceptionally well for me.

Fresh Squeezed Carrot & Apple Juice
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
I used to juice a lot when my kids were toddlers.  This juice was requested by G, and he LOVES it so much.  He says finds it nostalgic, and it reminds him of being little. ๐Ÿงก

Vegan Hazlenut Spread
https://minimalistbaker.com/4-ingredient-nutella-vegan-gf/
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
You've got to love a high speed blender!  It's amazing what they can do!

Nachos with Cashew Cheese
https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/melty-stretchy-gooey-vegan-mozarella/
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
This was amazingly filling!  Even with the six of us, we couldn't finish it!  Here I followed the recipe exactly, and I found the "cheese" (while delicious, a little too thick.  Last time I halved the tapioca flour by accident, and it worked better.)

Bamboo Bowl from Freshii
(Coconut, curry, tofu, mushrooms, cabbage, broccoli, carrots, brown rice)
๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž
I loved this meal soooo much while out for lunch with my friend! I ordered more of the same to take home.  Unfortunately, the kids did not have the same appreciation for it as I did.  Additionally, sadly, I found out after eating it, that it is not vegan. The curry sauce contains fish and milk- so oops that didn't work out like how I wanted it to!

Broccoli Pesto Pasta
https://www.myfussyeater.com/broccoli-pesto-pasta/
 ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Easy!  I used nutritional yeast instead of parmesan! I used whole wheat pasta, which has fibre and protein.  They all ate it up! S and O asked for seconds.

Vegan Sausage
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Vegan BBQ "Chicken" Wings
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘

Grilled Cashew-"Cheese" Sandwich
https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/melty-stretchy-gooey-vegan-mozarella/
 I reduced the tapioca starch by 1/3 so it wasn't quite as thick.  This sandwich tastes like MORE!  Where has this cashew cheese been all my life?? Simply amazing!  (Bonus: cashews are high in iron.  Pair with fruit and increase absorpiton!)

Fruit Cup!
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Vegan "Hamburger Helper"
https://www.brandnewvegan.com/recipes/vegan-hamburger-helper
 ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž
I thought this was delicious comfort food. The kids thought it was too "sloppy"!

Quinoa Pasta with Marinara Sauce & Veggie Meatballs
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

No comments:

Post a Comment